Our networks are all secure, as they are private networks. As a result we can only pass individuals through to our site if we have previously 'whitelisted' their email on our system. If you try and sign up with another email (or if your network allows you to use Linked In and your Linked In account uses a different email to the one we were supplied with for your access) you will not be allowed in. If this has happened to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have got stuck at any of the other onboarding points, or found a bug (it does happen!) please do get in touch at the above email and our customer support team will be in touch. In the meantime, here is a step by step guide of how to onboard if you are a Supporter (Mentee experience is very similar).
1. Choose your Supporter type - you may be a Mentor (a coach, mentor, on demand advisor) but we also may have other Supporter types listed eg Accelerator/Programme Team, or Partner.
2. Tell us more about yourself. We ask all Supporters to choose one or more support types to let us know what type of Supporter they want to be. Click on Kandu Supporter Principles for more details. Please add at least a Linked In URL if you can or a company website.
3. Personalise your profile. Our experience tells us that it really helps others to reach out and connect if they can read a few words about you and see a photo. Some networks may also request Supporters to add a Calendly link in at this point to help us to speed any meetings or session bookings.
4. Choose your main expertise areas. These will differ according to each network but helps us to ensure we are at the very least matching people against market and/or customer type needs or expertise eg B2B, B2C.
5. Tag your specific skills. This is where you can get specific about what you know about. We will list a few suggested tags based on your network community but we have a huge selection of tags that you can also search and add yourself. Please hit 'Search and add tag' and start to type to see what we have. If you think we are missing a skills tags please email us at email@example.com - we don't allow users to add their own tags as otherwise this risks users missing potential matches.
6. Finally, if you also have any needs, tag them here. This is just to help Supporters find their own Supporters, which is part of the benefit a Kandu network brings.
Some Supporters may also see an additional onboarding page that asks them to choose which subnetwork they are part of - this may ask you for your location, what programme you are supporting and so on. This just ensures that we only match or list you with the right Mentees, and not any you'd rather not be viewable or available to.