Our online networks are built for each client, and each client has a different range of people available to provide help and advice to mentees. Therefore we use a catch all term, 'Supporters' to describe them, although we do then ask Supporters to classify themselves into at least one of the following roles.
- Principal mentors - will identify and meet regularly (eg once a month) with at least one Mentee they meet on this network, to help that Mentee develop or grow their business or career over an agreed period of time.
- On Demand advisors - will provide as & when advice and support to a number of Mentees, probably by responding to messages on a network or taking calls or occasional meetings.
- Coaches - will meet regularly with at least one Mentee they meet on a network (eg once a month) to help that Mentee to develop their leadership attributes and skills over an agreed period of time
- Connectors - will assess individual Mentees, their careers and businesses and connect them to their network if and when they believe it is appropriate. Connectors do not need to connect everyone they meet.
- Alumni mentors - have themselves recently received support from a business growth or leadership programme. They will provide as & when support to Mentees to help them navigate the same path. They will respond to messages on a network, or take calls or occasional meetings.
Supporter profile pages explain which type of mentoring or Support type they are available for, as well as what expertise they have to help mentees. You can also filter for different mentors on the Matching page, or search using keywords.